Who Is This Guy?
I am like you. I am not elite.
I am the guy who wants to give your country and your life to you to live and enjoy as you see fit (within the law of course). I believe that my life experience has made me uniquely prepared and qualified to do that for you today. But how did I get to a place where I feel that I can do that for you? It started a long time ago…
I grew up in a smallish (40,000 people) town in Southern California. My little town shared borders with South Central Los Angeles, Compton, Carson, and Harbor City. As I grew up, I found that many people in Gardena thought that one entire neighborhood of our city was in South Central. The actual city was about 40% Japanese, 15% Black, 12% other Asian, 12% Hispanic and 11% White. Regardless of being white in America, I was the minority where I grew up. In this atmosphere I witnessed acts of hate and racism to and from, for and against, practically every distinguishable genetic group of Humans on the planet. As a child it made me sick and disgusted to be sharing a planet with people who acted that way. Later I came to realize that we are all both products, and victims, of our environment. It is up to us as Humans to RISE UP above those things, act Humane to each other regardless of what we have been taught, or have experienced, and help others to RISE UP as well.
For as long as I can remember I have had a fascination for how things work. When one of my toys broke, I would disassemble it to find out why, and if I could fix it. As I began to “become aware” as a pre-teen I started to get interested in what people do and think and why. In school the things that interested me most were science, biology, geology and computer programming. When I had a legal issue, I research it, the forms, court procedure and case precedence. My curiosity combined with high logical and mechanical aptitude has brought me to the point where I can speak somewhat intelligently with nearly any American about their job. This breadth of knowledge has also consistently revealed to me how “all things are relative.” Every day I see and recognize how constructs of nature rule what we do with mechanics and computers and how those things also affect human nature and reactions. This breadth of knowledge has proven to be invaluable in negotiating, creating and managing projects and systems.
Also, while I was growing up Southern California was going through dramatic changes. My town changed from Strawberry Fields and Dairy Farms to houses and strip centers. Other Cities changed in various ways based on the decisions they made as they grew. Some insisted on keeping evil commercial enterprise out of their neighborhoods. I drove so far looking for a gas station in one of these cities that I nearly ran out of gas. Others embraced big industry for the low effort government process and high tax income. They now have many square miles of solid industrial buildings causing them major policing problems. Seeing the varied neighborhoods, people and cities develop has really helped me to make the best decisions for the City of Dundee. The lessons from those observations also tie back into “Human Nature” and “Natural Constructs” which can never be dismissed when making executive level decisions.
I have served from the very bottom to being on the Board of Directors in various manufacturing and service industries. I have negotiated over 1000 Lease, Settlement, Partnership and Governmental Agreements. Managed crews of up to 350 personnel. I am absolutely NOT elite. I have experience as a janitor, mechanic, machine tool operator, CAD Jockey, delivery driver and much more. Today I work as both a Free Lance and Professional Accountant, part time Real Estate Broker, Corporate Board Member, Mayor and Congressional Candidate.
For me, integrity and morality are very important. I live my life pretty much from a Quality Assurance point of view (that is why QA was easy for me to learn). People who know me know that I, “Say what I am going to do, do it, and can prove that I did it when I am done.” Sure, there are situations where things must be negotiated, and there are times when circumstances, or logistics dictate re-evaluation. Even so, I strive to continuously stay on course to complete what I have said I will do. I do not throw promises around easily, nor take them lightly. You will not hear me make promises often. When you do, you will know that I mean it. This trait is actually what I believe to be the most important part of my platform. “I am a Human you can trust.”
I am not in this for fame, glory, a participation award, nor any other nefarious or narcissistic reason. I do this for you and your children so that the world can have a lighthouse for freedom (the USA) that sheds light and hope for all Humans. Protecting Liberty and Freedom on this planet for all Humans is my only desire. When I am elected in 2022, my goals will be exactly as stated. As I work through issues in Washington, I will always respect guidance and input from you regarding the details. My goal while working for you in Washington DC will NEVER be solely to get re-elected. Serving you is an honor which you bestow upon me. Once you have given me that honor, my main goal is to be honorable in serving you. If my being honorable leads you to continue to bestow upon me the honor of serving you in future years, then so be it. I will continue to serve with Honor.
Here is a list of my accomplishments as Mayor of Dundee Oregon:
- Built New State of the Art Fire Station and Community Meeting Room
- Ushered in the Dundee Bypass and working on an exit in Dundee that will finally get developers interested in our Riverside District UGB expansion
- Replaced entire 99W Road Surface
- Installed new sidewalks for the entire length of town on 99W and installed dark sky compliant led street lights
- Installed new traffic safety configurations at both ends of town making it safer for pedestrians to travel through town.
- Upgraded Zoning Codes and Building Design Standards for the downtown Central Business District
- Improved and expanded Harvey Creek Trail
- Started a pavement surface monitoring and maintenance program to help keep all city streets maintained at the highest level
- Upgraded City of Dundee Computer Hardware and accounting software
- Upgraded City Web Site
- Started City of Dundee Tourism Web site
- Started discussion with other cities in Yamhill County regarding the formation of a County Fire District
- Updated and upgraded numerous City Codes
- Upgraded City Water Management Systems Controls and installed wireless control systems
- Built the Viewmont Greenway Trail/Park
- Built tipsu palach Park
- Upgraded numerous storm water systems throughout the City
- Reduced waste water treatment costs by reducing influx of storm water to the sewer system which will also help to extend the life of the waste water treatment equipment
- Upgraded the Waste Water Treatment Facility to handle future development
- Replaced and upgraded Fire Engine, Brush Rig, Command Vehicle and Water Tender
- Started the Dundee Urban Renewal District which has help drive new growth and infrastructure improvements in the downtown area
- Initiated the creation a new downtown known as “The Gateway to Wine Country” off of Highway 99W by making major upgrades the 9th Street
- Managed a civil and very functional City Council for the last 9 years (going on 10)
Here is a list of experience/skills I bring to the table as your Congressman:
- Small Business Owner for 40 years and Small Business Mentor
- Member of Corporate Boards over 25 years
- Chair of various Boards (8+ years as Chairman of the Board of the City of Dundee)
- Served as President, Vice President, CEO, CFO, COO and CIO of various Corporations in
- Over 40 years experience working with Real Estate Sales, Development and Property Management
- Negotiated over 1000 Lease, Settlement, Partnership and Governmental Agreements
- President of Kiwanis (Gardena Valley)
- Managed groups of volunteers
- Install, repair and upgrade of computer hardware.software and networks
- Self trained in over 100 computer programs
- Database Design, Programming and Management
- Fortran and Basic Programming Language
- Founded both the Dundee Community Clothes Closet and the Newberg Community Clothes Closet
- Fully versed in Computer Aided Design, Drafting and Machining
- Experienced with most metals manufacturing equipment
- Lead Manufacturing Operations in Personal Care Products, Steel Metal, Solid Metals, Clothing and Costumes
- Certified ISO9001-2008 Quality Assurance Manager and Auditor
- Auto Mechanics, Small Equipment Repair, Machine Tool Maintenance (high general mechanical aptitude)
- Construction Blue Print Drafting/Reading
- Home Construction (Cement, Framing, Plumbing, Electrical, Drywall, Roofing, Landscaping)
- Experience with Court Rules and Procedures
- Music Theory
- Audio/Video Set Design, Recording and Editing
- News Writing
Much the above list of skills and knowledge may appear to be unrelated to being a Congressman at first glance. That is far from the truth. During my tenure as Mayor of Dundee, this expanse of knowledge has led to the savings of many thousands of dollars. The City Staff works hard to bring information to the City Council for decision making. However, I have found that the information that the City Staff brings to the table is often incomplete in scope and/or focused on what they want rather than what is best for the City over time. My knowledge and experience has helped to extract more accurate and relevant information from the City Staff insuring that the City Council has the most up to date and accurate information to make decisions by. The result has been cost savings and higher quality investments and workmanship in nearly every City project over the last 8 years. I do not believe that very many legislators currently in Washington DC possess a level of knowledge and experience that helps drive consistent quality decision making and cost savings in every area of government. A large majority of them have no direct knowledge, nor experience, with the actual consequences of their decisions when “the rubber meets the road.”
I look forward to serving you and protecting your rights under the Constitution of the United States of America as your Congressman.